Mission, Goals & Core Values
Adventure Place provides a continuum of services ranging from those that promote healthy child development to targeted intervention and treatment services for children with special needs and their families. We work collaboratively with individuals, families and community partners to promote the well-being and success of children and their inclusion in the community.
- To reduce the impact of difficulties and special needs.
- To help children achieve their potential by building on their strengths and self-esteem.
- To increase parental knowledge, competence, and confidence.
- To reduce family stress.
- To reduce the risk of longer term or more complex difficulties.
Core Values & Basic Principles
These values reflect how we CARE!
- Child and Family Driven: Our services are inclusive, nurturing and responsive to the needs of families and their children.
- Accountability: We strive to demonstrate value and effectiveness in all our endeavours by pursuing evidence-based practices and operating with transparency and integrity.
- Respect: Respect guides our relationships with staff, children, families and community partners.
- Excellence: Our commitment to excellence is integral to the work of our organization and inspires innovation and adaptability.