About Adventure Place
All children realize their full potential!
We transform the lives of children and their families by collaborating with parents and our partners to implement a wide range of integrated services that promote healthy child development and inclusion in the community.
- To reduce the impact of difficulties and special needs.
- To help children achieve their potential by building on their strengths and self-esteem.
- To increase parental knowledge, competence, and confidence.
- To reduce family stress.
- To reduce the risk of longer term or more complex difficulties.
These values reflect how we CARE!
- Child and Family Driven: Our services are inclusive, nurturing and responsive to the needs of families and their children.
- Accountability: We strive to demonstrate value and effectiveness in all our endeavours by pursuing evidence-based practices and operating with transparency and integrity.
- Respect: Respect guides our relationships with staff, children, families and community partners.
- Excellence: Our commitment to excellence is integral to the work of our organization and inspires innovation and adaptability.
Adventure Place is accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation. The accreditation process assesses the agency’s governance, management and mental health program standards to promote and ensure quality assurance.
The agency goes through the accreditation process every four years and will be evaluated next in November 2019.
Providing Services to People with Disabilities
Adventure Place is committed to providing its services to all clients in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We strive to provide clients with disabilities the same opportunity to access our services as do other clients.
Adventure Place has a policy and procedure titled “Access to Services for People with Disabilities,” which meets the requirements of the Customer Service Standard of the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. This document is available for our clients by contacting any one of our senior management team, or by completing the Feedback Form.
Our staff, students, volunteers, and Board of Directors receive training on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Ontario Human Rights Code. They also complete training on how to interact, communicate, and support clients with disabilities.
Adventure Place’s accessibility policies are available for our clients by completing the Feedback Form below, or by contacting the Operations Manager at 416-744-7650, ext. 375. Upon request, information and communication materials will be provided in accessible formats or with communication supports.
We welcome feedback on our services as a means to improve our customer service to all clients. Feedback can be provided in person, by phone, or by email, to any one of our management staff.
You may also complete the Feedback Form (click link below). Clients who have submitted feedback can expect to hear back from the Operations Manager within 10 business days.